These Full-Spectrum modified Canon cameras are refurbished and in mint condition with original Canon and Kolari premium IR accessories kit.
The Kolari Pocket Red & Black cameras are modified Canon IXUS 185 point and shoot camera. It features live view and custom white balance, two indispensable features for focusing and composing directly in infrared. It’s durable ultra-compact frame, 8x zoom lens, simple controls, and powerful 20-megapixel sensor makes this camera the perfect infrared camera for beginners, casual shooters, and all those looking for a way to add infrared to their camera bag at a low cost. This package comes with a 37mm filter adapter ring permanently attached to the front of the lens and three 37mm filters: the 590nm, 720nm, and Hot-Mirror filter all in 37mm!
(Add a 37mm IR Chrome Lens Filter to the standard filter kit for $50!)
This camera has the option to ship with a regular or CHDK programmed UHS Transcend, Sony, or Sandisk SD Card. The CHDK option enables the IXUS 185 to shoot RAW among many other special functions. Read more about CHDK here.
Cameras are made to order, allow up to a week for order shipment.
Package contents include:
- Canon IXUS 185 Digital Camera (converted to full-spectrum)
- 37mm Infrared Filter Kit (590nm, 720nm, IR/UV Cut Hot-Mirror)
- Rechargeable battery
- SD Card (Optional CHDK RAW enabled based on option selection.)
- Camera Starting Guide
- Kolari Lens Cap
- 37mm 6-Filter Pouch
- Kolari Lens/Screen Cleaning Cloth
Additional add on options:
– Starter Filter Set + 37mm IR Chrome Lens Filter
– Starter Filter Set + 3 Filter expansion kit (37mm 665nm infrared filter, 37mm 850nm infrared filter, and 37mm IR Chrome filter)(6 Filters)
– Starter Filter Set + Complete Filter Collection – (37mm 550nm, 37mm 665nm infrared filter, 37mm 850nm infrared filter, 37mm Blue IR, and 37mm IR Chrome filter) (8 Filters)
– 6-Filter soft filter pouch
– CHDK enabled SD Card
CHDK Compatibility Warning: While the IXUS 185 and ELPH 180 are nearly identical camera models, they use different firmware and their CHDK files are NOT compatible.
UV Photography Disclaimer: While this camera is converted to full-spectrum, it is not recommended for UV photography use with our UV Bandpass filter. Most point and shoot camera lenses do not transmit enough UV light for quality Ultraviolet images. Please refer to our recommended UV lenses page here.